The carefully crafted itinerary strikes the perfect balance between periods of activity and relaxation!
- Celebrate the unhurried pace of life in Tuscany with visits to wineries, olive ranches, and farmer’s markets… and as we share sunsets and evening meals at the villa.
- Discover the magic of losing yourself in the tiny cobblestone streets and alleyways of ancient Etruscan hill towns.
- Revel in the beauty all around you (architecture, paintings, sculpture) as you retrace the footsteps of the renaissance masters, magnificent merchants, and powerful political families of Siena and Florence.
- And allow yourself to “lose it” for just a moment when you lock eyes with “The David” for the first time.
- Every few days I’ve scheduled a “free day” which is a great time to just relax and enjoy the villa/pool, have an in-house massage, take a walk through the vineyards, or even bike or Vespa through the backroads on your own.
MEALS AND FOOD:
- The villa will be well-stocked with snacks and drinks of every variety (soft drinks, water, beer, wine, and liquor). Help yourselves! If we are low/out of something, please let me know.
- Hot breakfast will be served most days. Any day that we may need to roll out early, I will make yogurt, cereal, fruit, pastries available to grab and go
- Evening meals will be mainly at the villa. We will even have a private chef prepare dinner for us at the villa on a couple of the nights.
- Meals taken while we are out exploring towns or cities will be on your own.
- If we are at the villa mid-day, lunch items will be provided and everyone may help themselves.
- If anyone is interested in cooking a meal or two, please volunteer during the orientation at the villa or tell Susie ahead of the trip.
- The spa admission fee will be paid for all guests. Anyone wishing to get a spa treatment will receive a $100 credit towards their treatment. Anything above and beyond that is to be self-paid by guest.
IN-HOUSE MASSAGES AT THE VILLA:
- It is possible to have massage therapists come to the villa for massages, with advance notification. Please let me know if you’d like to schedule a massage well in advance of our trip.
- While it is not required that every guest participate in every activity, it will provide you with an amazing experience and I encourage participation as much as possible.
- I have scheduled 2 free days during the 10 day schedule to allow people to chill out, enjoy the villa and its amenities or create their own activities for the day. Some suggestions include:
- Hot Air Ballooning (book ahead)
- Visit to nearby outlet mall
- Horeseback riding
- Bicycle rental
- Vespa rental
- Photography Outings (super early or sunset is best… Susie can help with this if you’re interested)
- Visit to San Galgano – Old ruined Abbey.. Magical place… portraiture opportunity available through Susie.
- Fill in the blank…. Let me know what you find in the area, and we’ll make it happen!
- VILLA ACCOMMODATIONS for 10 NIGHTS
- MORNING and EVENING MEALS, and AFTERNOON MEALS on “FREE DAYS”
- SNACKS IN VEHICLES and at VILLAS
- PRIVATE CHEF for TWO EVENTS
- ALL DRINKS at VILLA (Soft drinks, Beer, Wine, 3 different Liquors, Milk, Water)
- IN-COUNTRY TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM FLORENCE AIRPORT and to ALL GROUP ACTIVITIES. (We will use two 9-passenger travel vans. Everyone will have room to stretch out and see out the windows on every journey)
- SPA ADMISSION and $100 SPA CREDIT towards optional spa treatments booked in advance.
- ALL ENTRY FEES for GROUP ACTIVITIES: (Museums, Galleries, Fiat Day, Tuscan Wellness Day, Iron Chef Day, Rapolano Spa)
- LOCAL PROFESSIONAL GUIDES FOR IMPORTANT SITES
What’s NOT INCLUDED:
- AIRFARE to/from FLORENCE
- TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM ANY AIRPORT OTHER THAN FLORENCE.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
- ANY TRAVEL OR ACCOMMODATIONS PRE- OR POST-TRIP DATES
- BRIDGE-ACCOMMODATIONS (such as hotel room in Florence near Airport the night before group meet-up or the night before departure).
- OPTIONAL FREE-DAY TRIPS/ACTIVITIES THAT GUESTS WISH TO BOOK ON THEIR OWN
- TIPS or GRATUITIES… At your own discretion, you may wish to tip our chef(s), Service providers, Guides, etc. if you feel they’ve done an outstanding job and made your trip more enjoyable or safer.